I want to introduce the characters that help me develop the story of my life.
First, my family:
- Father- David. An avid cyclist, opthomalogist, wine conoisseur, and fan of craft beer. He is sensible, knows when I have stress, and is the best father one could ask for
- Mother- Nancy. A bookworm, leader of community service, health food lover, and a fan of cuddling with our dog, Charli [description to come]. She and I have clashing personalities but we get along most of the time. She juggles the various roles of chef, chauffeur, nurse, and mother, and fills the part perfectly.
- Younger sister- Rachel. She is a freshman who loves all things athletic but has a taste for fashion. She and I are the best of friends and get along very well [most of the time]. Rachel will be on the publications staff next year, which makes me look forward to my senior year even more.
- Youngest sister- Elly. She is in seventh grade, and fills that role perfectly. She is on the dance team, is hopelessly infatuated with Justin Bieber, and is in the process of becoming a makeup "guru." Even though she is growing into her teenager shoes, I still see her as a five-year-old who has permanent Oreo crumbs plastered on her tiny face.
- Puppy- Charli. By puppy, I mean nine-year-old elderly woman who is just too adorable to not be called a puppy. She enjoys laying out in the sun, watching comedies, and eating anything with a crunch.
Next, my friend groups
- Publications- I am a part of a family of around 55 journalists and I love every second of it. We have two parents, like any "normal" family, and they are two of the most inspirational, intelligent, hilarious, and talented women I have ever met, who we lovingly call "Wad" and "VP." My best friends fall into this group, and we work extremely well together to produce award-winning yearbooks, newsmagazines, and a website that represents our school. We travel, damage small buses, stay up late, eat junk food, stress out, cry, scream, laugh, and love. It is the most peculiar, amazing thing.
|Our [very disfunctional] publications family at the annual Christmas extravaganza|
- Theater- I am also a part of another family at my school: the theater family. I am involved in the musicals at school, and although I do not participate in every show, I am always welcomed back with open arms. Nothing's better than singing, dancing, and acting alongside my extremely talented peers.
- Harand Camp- I have been going to a family owned and run theater camp for the past ten years. There, I have learned how to sing, act, dance, make friendships, make beds, get along with others, and trust others. I have a deep love for this camp and the amazing family that runs it, and it is the sole place I feel 100% comfortable 100% of the time. I have made friends that have not been to camp in several years, yet I communicate with all the time. It is a truly fabulous place.
That is my life in bullet points [my favorite] and I know that my hobbies, favorite things, and style will come through within my posts. I hope to make this blog a window to my life through writing, fashion, and design. I want to inspire others as well as motivate myself. I want to portray myself through my sophisticated style and frame of mind.