Monday, June 10, 2013

Rekindle

A while ago, a very awesome person and I drifted apart. I did not talk to him for months. I missed him but I kind of just let our friendship go. Recently, we started talking again and it was like we had never stopped. Our conversations flowed for hours and I was so glad things were back to normal.
This morning, we went out for coffee and talked about anything and everything for a couple hours. It was fabulous. 
I think when things like that happen, it is just great. I've drifted from friends before, and conversation is never the same. I think when you can start being good friends with someone after a long gap in the relationship, you know it's a true, compatible friendship. 
During my Vinyasa yoga class tonight, we were told to give our practice an intention. Whether it is praying for someone in bad health or hoping for a lover to walk in the door, we were to focus on that one idea throughout the class. I hoped for my friendship with this person to last longer than it did the first time. I believe it will, and I think he does too. 
I'm so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment