I had a pretty bad fight with my parents after I heard them saying some things I definitely did not want to hear. I was not in a good mood to begin with, so the self esteem crushing comments were less than necessary. I'm not really sure what happened, but all I know is that my mother and I are not exactly on speaking terms and I cried like a baby for most of the night.
But I got back on my feet because I am too stubborn to give in.
Therefore, I present to you the Sophisticated way to get back on your feet after you are at a low point
- cry it out It helps, I swear. Just get it out and you will feel 100x better.
- watch/read/listen to something you love I have a great playlist on Spotify for this very purpose. I have those favorite stories or websites or tv shows that I always can fall back on. I love 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Community to cheer me up. I go on Pinterest and find cool graphic designs [I am nerdy, it's whatever].
- talk to your closest friends They have the best advice and are always on your side. I have a great support group, and I love them so much for it. They really help get through bad times.
- organize Maybe this is just me, but organizing gets my mind off of my own self pity and into a series of tasks. [I just sat down from cleaning my entire room].
- blog about it I mean, it's kind of obvious that that happens to be one of my coping mechanisms.
- sweat it out When I get super emotional or stressed or unhappy, I run or I do yoga. It's whatever suits you, but I just funnel all of my energy into something that isn't moping around my house.
** this list can also be used for mental breakdowns, break ups, or just bad days.