Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Alone at Last

My youngest sister is away at camp. The rest of my family is away for a week at a volleyball tournament in Dallas. Where does that leave me? All alone. I decided to stay home so I could work and get things done that I have wanted to take care of. Everyone keeps [jokingly] asking me, "so when is the giant party?" My friends, I am already throwing a giant party. It's a coming of age party that I am throwing for myself. Alone. I call it "Samantha Grows Up Bash 2K13" It's a week-long barrage of festivities that everyone is welcome to partake in. Activities include:

  • doing my laundry
  • doing the dishes
  • doing yoga
  • baking
  • singing at an embarassing volume
  • running errands for my parents
  • running errands for myself
  • taking selfies
  • taking the dog out
  • college applications
  • summer reading 
  • summer school
  • working at the restaurant
  • spending all the money I make at the restaurant
  • spending too much time on social media 
  • spending way too much time playing Candy Crush
I do, in fact go a little crazy and indulge sometimes. 
I had ice cream for dinner last night and I watched reruns of Full House until 2:30 in the morning.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment